The Detroit Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. is committed to helping young people succeed academically. This includes ensuring that students have access to the financial resources they need to obtain a college education. The chapter offers eight (8) different awards through its scholarship program.
Scholarships are available to high school seniors who live in Detroit, Hamtramck, Harper Woods, Highland Park or the Grosse Pointes and attend a public, private or parochial school. To be eligible to receive an award, recipients must have a grade point average of at least 2.5 (out of a 4.0 scale) and enroll in a full-time program at an accredited college, university or equivalent during the 2019-2020 academic year. Verification of enrollment must be provided.
Applications must include the following items:
- A computer-generated completed application form
- An official, signed transcript
- Two (2) letters of recommendation dated no earlier than September 1, 2018
- An essay highlighting your community service involvement, leadership activities and college and career goals
- A signature from a parent or guardian
Applications must be postmarked by March 29, 2019. To download and complete the 2019 scholarship application, click here.
Completed applications should be mailed to:
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Detroit Alumnae Chapter
24760 West 7 Mile Road
Detroit, MI 48219
Attn: Scholarship Chair
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.